Meet Nneka Adams: Nigerian/Canadian pushing the frontiers of film making & advertising globally

Meet Nneka Adams: Nigerian/Canadian pushing the frontiers of film making & advertising globally
Nneka Adams (born July 8 1986) is a Nigerian actress, film writer, and producer form Delta state, Nigeria and a Canadian citizen but grew up in Lagos, the second of six children and was brought up in a middle class environment. she attended MaryMount College, before transferring into the University of Lagos where she graduated with degree in Philosophy. While at the university, she began auditioning for acting jobs in Nollywood. She is the founder and CEO of Adams film production, a film, television and advertising production company.
Meet Nneka Adams: Nigerian/Canadian pushing the frontiers of film making & advertising globally
Nneka Adams is described as one who "seeks to raise the standard of film production in Nigeria and Africa by telling progressive African stories as seen through the eyes of Africans. According to her, she went into movies to change the way Nigeria was portrayed. Her films are also known for their "fierce female leads, as they portray African women with agency who can be breadwinners and lead complex lives.
Meet Nneka Adams: Nigerian/Canadian pushing the frontiers of film making & advertising globally

Nneka Adams started her acting career as a child actress at the age of 17.

Movies Featured in:

-BLACK MEN ROCK

- THE DEVIL IN BETWEEN

- RUTH

- LAST FLIGHT TO ABUJA 

- IF YOU WERE MINE 

- CHRORICLES OF VENDATA 

- A NATION UNDER SIEGES 

INTERVIEW WITH NNEKA ADAMS ?

?Are you satisfied with your growth in the movie industry?

I would say that my growth in the movie industry has been very quick and progressive. I came into Nollywood industry with deep insight of what I wanted to do and how to project myself and my movies. I have shot three movies with a great success. Black Men Rock which I shot in 2017 received a lot of buzz in the media and went viral over all social network. I just shot another movie titled “The Devil In Between” directed by the iconic talented Pascal Amanfo, which will be released soon.

?What have been your challenges?

My most difficult challenge I faced each time I fly in to Nigeria to shoot is the constant power failure during shoot. As a film maker you have to budget all the time for generator and fuel. Sometimes paying so much for black market fuel.

?What are those things you find disturbing in Nollywood?

Before coming into Nollywood as a producer /actress, I already did my homework, read up on things – so I have already equipped myself to any challenges. So really nothing bothers or disturbs me in Nollywood.

?What makes you unique? 

I am unique in a way as per the kind of quality movies I produced. I seek to raise the standard of film production in Nigeria and Africa by telling progressive African stories as seen through the eyes of Africans. Take for example my recent movie “BLACK MEN ROCK’ and the ‘THE DEVIL IN BETWEEN”

I am unique in so many ways. I’d say my brain does not function like a regular girl. My brain process information and it function faster than an average girl. I read a lot of books, newspapers etc. I am unique because my brain is well informed on current issues. 

?Which role has been your most challenging so far and why?    

Whenever I have to do a kissing scene. I really find it challenging. Sometimes I get attached to that guy/actor I kissed for a while. So, moving forward I made a promise to myself that I would find a way to avoid kissing in movies.                  

?Can you act nude in a movie?  

Like they say an actor/actress must be able to play any role but nudity is something I can never do.  
?Was acting all you wanted to do as a kid?

No, actually I wanted to be a musician. I loved singing and dancing when I was a kid.

?What are the qualities you like in a man?

Currently I am single but when I do date, my kind of man must be honest, kind, God fearing and maybe good looking.

Links of the movies:

Ruth Teaser and Trailer
Black men rock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog